Advertisement

Bamboo in the Food Forest; Varieties, Fears and Control Methods. Is Bamboo Right for You?

Bamboo in the Food Forest; Varieties, Fears and Control Methods. Is Bamboo Right for You? I decided to take a little stroll down into the bamboo forest below my home on my farm. All of these types were donated to my school by a collector-grower and after I dug and shipped it all about 100 miles, my school decided they didn’t want it. Mainly due to the fears that many folks feel about incorporating bamboo into their landscapes. So I brought it all home and it’s sad in storage with a bunch of marks piled on the routes for about two or three years before I finally got it into the ground. Because of the time lapse in between and because between that time and now I had some animals grazing in those areas I lost a few varieties but I still have close to 15 different bamboo species planted here at the farm. Bamboo has so many wonderful uses. There are many ways to control it but people are not familiar with as mentioned in the video and there are many types that just grow in girth every year or that are low growing clumping variety ground covers. It’s the running type that most people fear because they send off shoots in many different directions if not planted correctly and in parallel with the branches. Thank you for joining me please like and subscribe.

Right

Post a Comment

0 Comments