Advertisement

God reminding me about the significance of giving away the cloak

God reminding me about the significance of giving away the cloak God trying to remind me of a previous teaching, but its even deeper this time. The significance of the cloak is because while the cloak is important for the one wearing it, if we are asked by someone for our cloak, God asks us to give it to the one who asks for it because if they ask, they are in need greater than we are. So why also another teaching is about giving to those who ask.

IMAGINE the difficulty for our flesh to be able to accomplish something like this. Give to another the one thing you need yourself? Say what? The continuation of the teaching went on to remind me how we can only do things like this when we remain in Christ. He who gives us strength to do the impossible.

As I finalized video, I saw 4:20 for video (made an edited version). I then looked it up as I felt another nudge to. It means: “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life” (John 3:16).

I never stay up late any more into evenings like this. But after what God has spoken to my heart, I know I was kept awake for a reason. ☺️ I love when He tries to get us messages. It matters to listen to His still small voice. It’s an honor.

I then asked God further, what else are you trying to tell me thru this cloak reference? I then heard in my heart “A cloak is symbolic of protection, clothing, but if someone asks for yours, because you have faith in Me, I will cover you and so give freely to the one who asks for your cloak even if it brings you fear and suffering thru the loss”. Now imagine a cloak as a physical covering. If someone only has their cloak to cover their nakedness and keep them warm, how can God ask that of his servant? He is saying that whomever is serving Him must give what little they have to the one asking, even if that one asking has more or much on a physical level. The point is they are asking because they are absent, in need of spiritually. Make sense? Then when the servant gives freely what is asked, their act is in effect “loving an enemy” or “giving freely” or “receiving the reward of loving someone who didn’t love them” as there is no greater reward, for if that person then comes to Christ, that servant’s act will then be their reward: a soul brought to Jesus. We must think less of ourselves and of others as being greater. It’s one of the hardest teachings, but it’s a most beautiful lesson tonight. I’m thankful for the reminder of my beloved Jesus’s heart.

Dermot Kennedy song: Glory, was playing in my mind as teaching unfolded so why I included in video. Means something w this teaching, at least for my journey, God is trying to unveil to me now. Meaning of lyrics: Life and death. Joy and pain. Love and loss. Doves & Ravens. Darkness and Light. War and Peace. Everything of God is two opposites, making a whole. Only way is thru testing, refinement, loss, love, life, death of ego, joy, pain that produces a love making of unconditional love. Divine Masculine & Divine Feminine having to learn to be whole in themselves so that the two halves can become One. And ultimately give God “glory” for the two returning to Him while alive- thru agape love. Deep stuff right there. 🤔

cloak

Post a Comment

0 Comments