Advertisement

We're making Caijiamo (the veggie version of Roujiamo)

We're making Caijiamo (the veggie version of Roujiamo) We're making (well, my husband is making...) Cai Jia Mo from scratch! Caijiamo is the vegan/vegetarian version of rou jia mo. A round bread full of delicious vegetables. The origin of this dish is in Shaanxi province (Xi'an), and it has a history of over 2000 years! How cool is that?

Anyways, when we lived in Shaanxi province, we had this little restaurant where we always went for Caijiamo, and they were sooo delicious (and cheap). But now, in Qinghai, we don't really know where to go for caijiamo, so we decided to make it ourselves.

It turned out really delicious, although the bread we made could still do with some improvement. And the vegetables were even better the day after (yes, we had cai jia mo for breakfast!).

› JOIN MY COMMUNITY WITH UPDATES; GIFTS & MORE:



Join my Patreon page for more updates, early access, yearly gift boxes and more!

› PLAYLISTS:

Cooking in China:
Vlogs & Life Updates:
Small Town & Rural China:
China off the Beaten Path:
Qinghai Province:
Shaanxi Province:
Sweden:

› MY CAMERA GEAR

Observe that there will be a affiliate links next to every item - if you click on it you will be directed to Amazon, and can check out prices and reviews there. If you decide to do a purchase, I will get a small commission, at no extra cost to you. This helps support my channel, so thank you!

COMPUTER AND SOFTWARE:
I’m currently using a 2013 MacBook Pro and Final Cut Pro X.

CAMERAS:
1. SONY a6400 (GET IT HERE:
2. SONY a5100 (GET IT HERE:

LENSES:
1. SONY 50mm/1.8 (GET IT HERE: (I LOVE LOVE LOVE this lens. The colours and the sharpness is outstanding!)
2. SIGMA 16mm/1.4 (GET IT HERE:

TRIPOD:
Manfrotto Compact Action (GET IT HERE:

MICROPHONE: Zoom H1n (GET IT HERE:

› HOW I ACCESS YOUTUBE IN CHINA

The VPN I'm using to access all the western websites from China (such as Facebook, Youtube and Instagram) is ExpressVPN. You can get it here:

I have used since 2015, and so far I am very satisfied. During certain times of the year, I struggle tog et on it - but the great thing about ExpressVPN is that their customer service is always available through their live chat, and they always try to help me if I encounter any problems.

› ABOUT ME

My name is Miriam Follin. I’m a Swedish woman who has been living and traveling in China since 2015. 2017 I married and began living with my Chinese husband in Xining, Qinghai (north western China), and we have a baby boy, born in 2018. On this channel I share our life, the people and the places we come across. We love rural areas, so you will find a lot of content from rural China.

› OTHER SOCIAL MEDIA

PATREON:
INSTAGRAM:

You can also find me on Chinese Social Media (Weibo, Xigua, Bilibili, Toutiao, Douyin, Kuaishou, Dayu etc.) under the name 米粒的一家。

› BUY MY PHOTOS (OR SELL YOURS!)

Some of my photos taken in China are available on Shutterstock. You can find them here:

You can sell your own photos and make passive income too:

› THANK YOU FOR WATCHING!

miriam in china,life in china,foreigner in china,rural china,miriam follin,china,life in china as a foreigner,米粒的一家,米粒的一家M,life in rural china,chinese food,authentic chinese food,caijiamo,cai jia mo,rou ji mo,roujiamo,how to make cai jia mo,vegetarian rou ji mo,vegetarian roujiamo,vegan roujiamo,vegan rou ji mo,how to make caijiamo,home made caijiamo,home made rou ji mo,food from shaanxi,shaanxi province,

Post a Comment

0 Comments