Advertisement

Modding An OEM Power Supply To Look Pretty

Modding An OEM Power Supply To Look Pretty In this episode of my Budget PC shenanigans, I heavily modify this OEM power supply to something cleaner and more refined.

The mods done are sleeving bundles of cables, painting the PSU case black, and soldering a PCIE 6-pin on a Molex line.
I hope this doesn't blow up and take down parts with it. I'll post a video if that's the case.

Bear in mind that PSUs are high-voltage devices, and there's a likelihood of electric shock. Disassemble at your own risk.


Materials used -
Braided sleeving (15mm, 8mm, 6mm, 3mm)
Heat shrink (20mm, 10mm, 5mm)
Spray paint (Chalkboard paint, but any colour is fine)

Tools required -
Phillips screwdrivers
Scissors
Molex pin remover kit (or whatever you can use at home)
Lighter
Soldering iron
Cleaning stuff


Sources -
Rob's PC City:

My main source for DIY cable sleeving:

ATX, PCIE 6-pin and SATA pinouts:

FSP300-60GHS 80 Plus Certification (which I'm still surprised by):

diy,psu,pc mods,pc modding,cable sleeving,power supply mods,

Post a Comment

0 Comments