Advertisement

An Average Joe's Finest Hour (or 15 Minutes)

An Average Joe's Finest Hour (or 15 Minutes) See more replays on replayswows.ru and replayswows.com!
-HSF Harekaze Hull B(100mm) w/ Torpedo Reload; 10pt Capt

-6 kills

-152K dmg

-2 Dev Strike; High Caliber;Confederate

-2.4K Base EXP

-Breaking Personal Records



My Best Match to date in all of my 1K or so Battles. I consider myself an Average Player, maybe even below average, so results like these are pretty much a pipe dream. What makes this match even more special is that despite being my third Kraken, this one is my first Kraken where I didn't steal any kills with my guns. Well, I did kill steal one enemy cruiser but the rest of my 5 kills were at least 1/3 of enemy HP, 2 being DevStrikes. It is also my first game with 6 kills, which is my most kills in one match so far, but well, one of the kills was a kill steal so it doesn't really count. However, this match is my second most damaging game so far at 152k dmg, only beaten by Old CV Zuiho with 155K dmg done.



Approximate Timeline:

Start of match. Share Radar info with team but no enemy Radar. Yay.

18:20 Encounter enemy Yukikaze and Akizuki. Bail out of CapPoint B while shooting. Miss Most Shots. (Shamefur Dispray)

17:15 Observe LA Galissonniere. Target Moving sporadically. Don't launch torps.

17:00 Notice Angry smokescreen launching torps. Deal Approx 5K(1/3hp) dmg to enemy Benson inside smoke.

15:15 Observe Vanguard. Unlikely to hit torp so dont launch

14:20 Attempt to torp enemy Yukikaze and Akizuki.

13:55 TRB then Panic Torp enemy Vanguard since it's about to head into island. Then notice Enemy Akatsuki closing in on friendly Akatsuki so I help him out

13:10 Kill #1: 20k+HP Enemy Vanguard

12:45 Set Up torp strike on Bismarck. Island on one side so Torp one on gray cone then to the right when he dodges inwards. Either he dodges or not, they will get hit. Friendly Asashio forces him to go straight. Crossdrop Achieved. Them enemy Akatsuki gets spotted.

11:40 Kill #2: Akatsuki. Enemy Bismarck eats two friendly Asashio Torps. My Torps finish him off. (Kill#3: Bismarck@16kHP).

10:40 Spot Low HP enemy La Galissonniere on my way to Cap A.

10:07 Kill #4: La Galissonniere

09:35 Line Up Torp at enemy Scharnhorst rushing friendly Bayern. Aim to the left of Grey Cone since he's speeding up. Risky since there's a friendly Bayern in the way. Warn Bayern but they die to the enemy regardless.

09:12 Accidentaly Beach for a moment.

09:05 Scharnhorst dodges Starboard but still eats 4 torps. 46,989HP Dev Strike Kill#5 Kraken

07:22 Cap Point A then approach enemy Bayern and Arizona

07:10 Launch torps at Bayern. (They miss)

06:30 Sneak Around Island. Catch Arizona at 3.3km. Friendly Asashio forces Arizona to go straight. TRB then launch.

05:57 Kill#6 37K Dev Strike Arizona Confederate High Caliber



Huge Shoutout to the friendly Asashio, whose torpedoes helped set up a few of my torpedo kills by forcing my target to sail straight for way too long. Apologies if I went off the rails in chat at the end. I didn't play WoWS for almost all of 2017 and 2018 so such a great result in quite a long time was quite nice. Torpedo Strikes like these are why I continue to play IJN DDs despite how shafted they sometimes feel like.

Hope you enjoy watching this one~

World of Warships,

Post a Comment

0 Comments