Advertisement

Scholes teases Liverpool over Club World Cup triumph

Scholes teases Liverpool over Club World Cup triumph Reported today in Football365.

Former Manchester United midfielder Paul Scholes doesn't think the Club World Cup was ever something he was "desperate to win" during his career after Liverpool's recent triumph.

The Reds overcame Monterrey and Flamengo to win the tournament that they qualified for by winning the Champions League trophy last season.

But Scholes says a badminton trophy he won at a local club was more important to him than winning the Club World Cup.

"You want to win it while you're there but I don't think it was ever something that we were desperate to win," Scholes told BBC Radio 5Live.

"Even now if someone said 'what trophies did you win over the years?' I don't think we'd mention the World Club Championship. I really don't. I'm not joking, I'm serious.

"Even now if someone said to you 'What trophies did you win over the years?' I don't think we'd mention the World Club Championship." 👀#MUFC legend Paul Scholes tells @RobbieSavage8 his badminton trophy is more important to him 😂 pic.twitter.com/pRn4SDEcY9

- Robbie Savage (@RobbieSavage8) December 27, 2019

"But it's like everything else it might take more importance over the years. It looks like Liverpool have enjoyed it and celebrated it and will probably mention it and why not – but just when we were playing it wasn't that serious I don't think.

"But now you look back I suppose you're quite happy but it's not something you set out to do as a player I don't think."

Club World Cup

liverpool

Paul Scholes

triumph

Post a Comment

0 Comments